TVTAP & The Wydaho Rendezvous, Teton Bike Festival limits its liability
The following terms and conditions applying to all TVTAP events.
By coming on a TVTAP event, you accept these conditions:
1. When requested by the event leader before starting a event you will complete an event waiver that nominates an emergency contact and in which you accept these conditions of entry.
2. Cycling can be a hazardous activity, particularly in unfamiliar mountain terrain, among traffic or among pedestrians. You accept you are at risk and may suffer or cause injury or property loss or damage. You must take care to avoid injury or damage to yourself and others.
3. If you are under 18 years of age you must be accompanied by a suitable adult throughout the event.
4. You confirm that you and any children in your care have sufficient competence and experience to participate safely in the event.
5. You agree to waive to the extent permitted by law, any claim, right or cause of action which:
- you personally, and
- each child in your care, and
- your and your child’s heirs, executors and administrators
may have in contract and civil wrongs law, arising from any personal injury, damage or loss arising out of the event.
This release from liability operates in contract law, and all officers, members, volunteers and employees of TVTAP and all sponsors of the event or event and operates whether the damage is due to any act or neglect of any of them.
6. You agree to wear a helmet or show the event leader a current medical exemption for a helmet.
7. You agree to obey all rules whilst on the event.
8. You are totally self sufficient and provide your own water, food, tools, pump, spares, puncture repair kits, first aid materials and whatever else you desire on unsupported events unless explicitly stated otherwise.
The event waiver and signup is an essential risk mitigation tool for the event leader, other eventrs in the group and TVTAP. The event leader may ask a person who does not sign the sheet to not event with the group. Please do not argue with the event leader—they are a volunteer giving up their time for the benefit of the group.
You should have your own personal liability insurance and accident cover.
If you do not have a helmet, or a current medical exemption for one, you will not be allowed to event with the group.
TVTAP Wydaho Rendezvous Teton Bike Festival
All Wydaho Participants and Racers Must Sign
WAIVER/RELEASE IN FULL OF ALL CLAIMS AND CONSENT
In consideration for allowing my participation in the Teton Valley Trails and Pathways WYDAHO Rendezvous Mountain Bike Festival event, I agree to the following:
Risks of Mountain Biking: I fully realize and appreciate the dangers of riding a bicycle on trails and fully assume the risks associated with this activity including, but not limited to, the dangers of collision with animals, vehicles, hikers, other bikers, trees and other fixed or moving objects; the dangers arising from surface hazards, rocks, uneven terrain, broken roads, equipment failure, inadequate safety equipment, and weather conditions; and the possibility of serious physical and/or mental trauma or injury associated with biking-related mishaps. I understand that potentially dangerous situations may arise during the event which is beyond the control of Teton Valley Trails and Pathways and the WYDAHO Rendezvous Teton Bike Festival. Knowing these risks involved, I nevertheless agree to assume those risks and to release all the persons or entities set forth herein below for any injury, death, illness, property damage or theft which may occur during this event or in the travel to and from this event.
Responsibilities/Duties of Biker: I attest I will be riding at my own risk and release the entities set forth herein below from liabilities for any injury, death, illness, or damages which may occur to me or anyone else. I further attest that I am physically fit and have sufficiently trained for the completion of this event. I also agree to wear an ANSI or SNELL approved bicycle helmet at all times when riding a bicycle during this event. I consent to and permit emergency medical treatment in the event of injury or illness. I attest that I will abide by the rules and regulations of the event, as well as all federal, state and local municipal laws applicable, including vehicle laws and practice safety in bicycling. I further attest that I am of legal age and sign this release as my own free act.
Waiver/Release: Having read the foregoing provisions, I hereby waive, release, and discharge, for myself, my heirs, my executors, administrators, personal representatives, successors, and assigns, any rights or claims which I have or may hereafter accrue to me against the officers, representatives, agents, organizers, employees, owners, volunteers, members and Teton Valley Trials and Pathways, Inc., Grand Targhee Resort, and the WYDAHO Rendezvous Teton Bike Festival, participating clubs, sponsoring businesses and organizations, and the cause(s) for which I am raising funds, if any, for any and all damages which may be sustained by me directly or indirectly in connection with my participation in this event. I further agree this release shall apply to and cover the unknown and unanticipated consequences of injuries known to be sustained by me in the event and, further, to all unknown and unanticipated injuries and damages resulting from the event. I further agree to indemnify and hold harmless the entities or persons identified herein from any and all liabilities or claims made by other individuals or entities as a result of any of my actions during this event.